The turkey is in the oven, the sides are all prepped, the kids are napping, the guests are watching football and here I am trying to occupy my time and mind so that I don't have to think about how much I am missing my Dad. I thought myself ready to take on this upcoming season without him, knowing it would be hard and it is. I will forever have this imagine in my head:

I know that I have oodles to be thankful for, too many things to count or even mention. But, it is kind of clouded and watered down after the last few months. It honestly is so difficult to engage my whole heart in all of these festivities, which I know my father would not want me to dwell in my pain... so here goes, this is what I am thankful for:
1. First, my dear sweet husband. What a freaking rock! I would not have survived this year without his support, patience, and unimaginable love for me and my family. I sometimes forget that he too lost a very important and close person to him, and is also healing. But, like a good spouse often does, he has put me first way to many times.
2. My beautiful children. Sam and Annarose has been the light of my year. I could go on and on about my deep love for these to wonders, but who wants to read that!
3. My family. All of them, from my mother in law Margie for dropping everything at a moments notice and coming to our rescue last August... to my sister in law Holly for taking care of Sam while I went to my family during crises... to my other sister in law Karen (and her family) for making sure I was eating and resting when I couldn't take care of myself. My mother for being the strongest woman alive and keeping us afloat when we all felt like we were drowning and being my best friend. My brothers. My aunts and uncles and cousins. My extended family... everyone showing such love this year, God bless you.
4. My friends. Where would I be without them, they make me laugh, they make me cry, they make life worth it sometimes.
5. I am thankful for everyday I have with my loved ones. I will never take another day for granted. And, with that, I am going to go spend some time with my company.
I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving.
5 comments:
I love you.
Cody
Heather, I am feeling the same way about the holidays since my Grandpa passed away earlier this year. I can imagine it is extremely difficult for you :( You are so lucky to have such a strong family and so many friends in your life to take care of you and comfort you. I completely understand that the grief sometimes clouds the joys in life.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Say hello to Cody for me :)
xoxo
Love you too. I know how hard it is for you, but just remember the great memories. Aunt Pat
thinking about you heather! glad your first dinner was a success!
I love you too. Lots and lots and lots of us love you. All of you.
I mean, all of you guys.
But all of you too. Like, all your parts, in and out.
Especially your booty.
Okay, I'm done. I need to get some coffee.
But man oh man what I wouldn't do for a hind end half as good as yours.
Post a Comment