Saturday, December 04, 2010

Stuffed!

I am finally getting to writing a run down of our first Thanksgiving. It turned out so beautifully. You know I love cooking, so I did have fun making the menu and trying a few new things along with the standards.
Our Menu
Turkey
Homemade bread stuffing
Fresh Cranberry-Ginger sauce
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
Sauteed Spinach topped with goat cheese
Brussel Sprouts sautteed in pancetta
Fresh Green Casserole
Assorted rolls and breads
Dutch Apple Pie
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Roll

There aren't alot of pictures because it is really hard to cook dinner, feed a 2 month old, and take pictures. I should have put Cody in charge of the camera!

The bird right from the oven.
My table! I used my great grandmother's china for the first time and my silver. It was fun to use that stuff, I never get fancy. I thought the table looked really pretty. I even had matching glasses. This is big. If you know me at all you know what a klutz I am can be and my glassware is all mismatched from me breaking it.
Grandpa and Annarose
Uncle Mike, Aunt Christy, and the kids
They came all the way from San Diego to spend the holiday with us and be here for Annarose's baptism that followed up on Saturday. It was so great to have them here! It was Christy's first trip to the east coast. I think she was freezing the whole time.
Many nights ended with Grandpa snuggling Miss Sweet Potato. She really loves her Grandpa.It was a really great weekend. We ate and drank and ate some more.




No comments: