Here is Sam with his class for the Halloween parade. He took charge and led his class, it was pretty darn cute watching him strut and do his little Batman dance. He turned to me the other day, while checking his Bat-self out and asked, "Mom, do I look cool?"
"Yes you do honey, yes you do."
Sam's class.
The lady bug is Dixie, she wants to marry Sam. She tells him everyday.
The very lucky little Batman got to trick or treat twice this year, up at Nana's. They don't trick or treat if Halloween falls in the weekend on Halloween day, they schedule it for the Thursday before hand. Strange, I know.
Annarose and Janey played very nice together, their little bald heads matched nicely too.
Nana with her girls.
Annarose gave Uncle TJ lots of smiles and napped with him all weekend.
Lunch date at Red Robin, Nana and Sam split a vanilla milkshake, both their favorite.
The kids were little angels in the car for me on my first solo trip up to PA. It was a fast trip, and as always I wish we could stay longer. We did get to spend all day with Damien's family and Tristan came up too. So now, everyone on my side has met Annarose.
I wish I could say that everything is getting easier for us, but we are all still missing my Dad with much heartbreak. All of us are dealing in our own way, but on the whole we have a big hole in our family. It has made us stronger than I ever thought possible, even though at times we probably feel weakened. If that makes any sense. My Aunt Rosemarie sent me this little daily devotional to read, today's reading was so poignant. It was about our responses to the crosses we carry in life, our burdens and trials. I found comfort in the ending prayer:
"Today Lord, for love of you, I want to bear my cross well."
Nough said.
1 comment:
It makes perfect sense that you are finding strength in what weakens you most.
There is so much love in your family that ties you all together, and love has the power to be able to lift you through the worst of things and drift you through the times when you need a little push.
Love you all, each one of you is in my heart and thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment