Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Almost.

In exactly one month, I will be turning 30. Whoa.

If I think back 10 years at where I was at 20, I can't believe how much life has changed...how much I have experienced. The last 10 years went by so fast, what does that mean for the next 10 years? I am not freaking about turning 30 so much...I am at where I want to be at. I have accomplished what it is I set out to accomplish.

I graduated from school.
I worked in autism and made some small difference.
I moved across country and started from scratch.
I married my dream guy.
I moved back across country.
I bought my first house.
I had a beautiful baby.
I stay at home and rock the mom thang.
I am happy.

This is what I thought when I was younger, "...okay by the time I am 30 I will have done this-this-and this". I did all those things. So why is it weird to be turning 30? I certainly don't want to be 20 again. No way, I had my fair share of bad dates, bad hangovers, bad roomies, bad bad badness. I guess it is time to make a new list "...okay by the time I am 40 I will have done this-this-and that!" Here is the problem, I don't know what to put on that list...I honestly am so happy and feel so blessed with the current condition of my life, I'm a bit stumped. Is that pathetic?
I have got all of the standard things thought out, like "travel more"..."save more"..."volunteer more"..."read more"..."cook more" But, nothing huge.

I kinda feel so satisfied, that maybe I should just set life on cruise control and simply enjoy
while it lasts. I know that it will go by in a *snap*.

7 comments:

Tavia said...

It's not a bad thing to be satisfied with the wonderful life you have. It is refreshing to know someone who doesn't think that somewhere out there the grass is greener. Enjoy turning 30!!

nicole said...

i think is is pretty great to be so satisfied with your life that you cant come up with a list. in my opinion, getting older is awesome. Maybe your list should be to simply enjoy and soak up every minute. Thats mine. Happy early bday. I am not far behind you.

Maybe we should celebrate with a satspag! (that sounds dirty)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear all that positiveness! I didn't think so at the time, but I'm pretty happy being over 30 :)
So glad to hear your thoughts ")

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was Melissa up there being anonymous!

Heather-Anne said...

You crack me up Mel!

And a satspeg sound fabulous! But, we have to have an overnighter so there will be no driving and no babies.

Mara said...

It's awesome that you're so satisfied with your life at 30 that you don't need to make a new list. It takes most people a life time and so many are never truly happy.

I always say this, but my friends in their 30s are absolutely fabulous! Own it!

Lora said...

I say don't make a new list either. Just be you.

happy last month of your 20s!!