Sunday, March 29, 2009

Birthday boy

Sam and I spent the last week up in Pa so we could help Damien Jr. celebrate his 1st birthday in style. That is one totally loved little boy, Karen and Damien's house was packed with adoring aunties, uncles, cousins and grandparents. The boys all had a great time and the meltdown were minimal, thankfully. Sam was a bit wonky from not getting a full nap, but he managed to hold it together. Another attempt at a group shot of the boys, this is the funniest with poor Jr. in a choke hold by Dennis.
We got Damien a comfy chair for his birthday, as well as, some paper and finger paints. He seemed to like the Elmo card best!
Joey being adorable, it isn't hard for him.
Mommy, Daddy and Damien for the first year party picture...
Jr. is a little ham bone, the singing of "Happy Birthday" was met with big grins, giggles, and arm waving. He was delighted to be the center of attention, unlike his Daddy who according to Nana cried for the first 4 birthdays when people started to sing.
I got to do alot of relaxing and visiting while I was up. I am usually on a tight schedule, but I decided to take my time coming back. I met up with an old high school friend, and got to meet her two precious little ones. And, Lora had everyone from the pub crew who could make it over for dinner one night. I miss my home girls so much, and it amazes me how time can tick by and we can pick up where we left off all those years ago and still laugh till our faces and bellies hurt. As I walked back to my car that night I couldn't help but feel nostalgic, I wanted to grab them all and run to one of our old haunts...have a few pints and stay up late talking or lounge in Rittenhouse people watching and soaking in the sun of early spring. Alas, we had to get back home to our babies and our husbands and our jobs. And, I was definitely ready to be back home with Cody, Sammy missed his Dada and I missed my bed.

4 comments:

Tavia said...

Some days i could use a little Copa in my life. It was great to see you! I wish we could have stayed longer too.

Heather-Anne said...

There is nothing like a jigger of margarita to make things all good.

Mara said...

I', sorry I missed you at Lora's! Next time...

Lora said...

It was so good to see you. I wish we could've had a day with all the kids, then a night with just us girls. Then of course then next morning with no babies. That is very important in the planning of all this. Next time...