Monday, February 23, 2009

Fancy Schmancy

We have to create our own fun in the small town scene, so a few girls I know put together a dinner & dance social club. There are about 75 couples who joined this year. We had our first dance on Saturday night, it was a lot of fun. We got to dust off the the cocktail dresses and suits, drink and dance to a great live band.
Me and Meg...Meg is one of my best friends here in HP. She and I hit it off immediately, she lives around the corner and had two little girls (Evelyn-2 and Charlotte-2 months) that Sam adores. Meg is Occupational Therapist and she works with children with special needs like me. She and I enjoy talking "shop" and she is always keeping me up on the latest and greatest research in the autism world. She tried to rope me into a conference a few months back where Temple Grandin was speaking, a very influential adult living a successful life with autism...I was bummed to not make it (no child care), Meg got to meet her and talk with her. I was incredibly jealous. Maybe someday when I am done raising my children, Meg and I will take on the south and fix the problems here with special education and parent advocacy. Cody looking oh-so-suave, in his tux and chucks.
These are most of the girls (Meg, me, Kelly, Kerie-Beth, Allison, Stephanie, and Mary) in my bible study-book club, minus Claire...she is pregnant and bounced early.

It was a good weekend, overall. We went to check out the new Apple store, we are thinking of switching from PC to Apple in another year. Our computer space will be gone when we move Sam into a big boy room and big boy bed, so we will need to greatly reduce the space. Apples are so much smaller and tidy. There isn't all the hubbub with wires and giant hard drives. They are pretty compact and pricey!


2 comments:

Luisa said...

looks like you guys had a great night!

lyndsey said...

Love the dress!!

And definitely go with the Mac...I use one here at work and I adore it. So easy to use and you can't beat the display!