Thursday, February 05, 2009

Winter blues

I was catching up on my blogs today and noticed that everyone is posting about the endless winter, the boringness of February and the anxious, impatience for spring...sigh...it is like 20 miserable and windy degrees here today. We watched a movie last night that made me all warm and fuzzy, and it made me almost feel like I could taste summer. 'Vicky, Christina, Barcelona' was fun, kinda sexy and it takes place in Spain during the summer. It made me want to drink wine, dig out my flip-flops and favorite sundress.
I'm a movie watcher, so I thought I would make a list of movies that inspire warm, summery thoughts for those of us with winter blues. Here's what I came up with:

1. The Long, Hot Summer (1958) A young, sweaty Paul Newman
2. Sideways (2004) Gratuitous wine drinking in Paso Robles
3. Chocolat (2000)
4. Black, Snake Moan (2007)Very dark, but full of good blues
5. Casino Royale (2006) Daniel Craig brings the HOT Bond, Sean Connery rocked it too

If your bored, these are good ones to warm the cold nights next to your honey. And, if you have any to add...please let me know. I am a Netflix addict.

2 comments:

Lora said...

I thought I was the only person to ever see Black Snake Moan!

I had no idea what it was about when I watched it, you can imagine my shock! It's practically porn.

Which may be why I've seen it three times.

Heather-Anne said...

Yeah, there is a whole lot of boobie in that movie:/