I have finally gotten my iPhoto issues straightened out, thank goodness. I can get back to posting some picture of the kids and what we have been up to lately.
As almost everyone knows, my guy started Kindergarten a few weeks ago. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I knew he was so ready to get back to routine and ready to be in K... I just was having a very hard time letting him go. I was feeling sad, and protective. And, all at the same time he was driving me totally mental because he was so bored from being at home. We were arguing and he was getting himself into mischief. It was time, but it didn't stop me from crying almost every day. There is something about heading off to big school, you just suddenly don't have control anymore and you want all the adults he is around to see how awesome and special they are... and everyone remembers that jerky teacher they had in elementary school that just didn't get you right? I don't want him to ever have that kind of teacher. And then there is the big kid factor... and all the stuff big kids can teach you young oh-so-impressionable baby about. Sigh.
 |
| Front door first day picture |
 |
| Meeting up with "the guys" |
 |
| Best buds |
 |
| The class of 2025 |
 |
| Comparing notes |
 |
| All the summer birthdays got serenaded before heading into school with a group "Happy Birthday" |
 |
| There he goes, walked in without looking back. I was so proud of him. |
 |
The PTO had a reception for the K parents that included tissues and Mimosas. Of course, I had to stick with OJ.
|
Sam is loving school. He comes home tired, but not to grumpy. Some days are more tough than others, and we have had a few instances of reported "fooling around" and general not following directions during instruction because he was socializing. Color me shocked!
No comments:
Post a Comment