Friday, September 14, 2012

Two! 2! oh so very TWO!

Annarose's birthday came and went this past week.  She got to have lots of little celebrations along the way.  On Saturday, the Hauckies came for an afternoon.  We cooked out and had cupcakes, and the kids played hard.  We gave Annarose her big gift a Little People Princess Castle.  It was a big hit.  She hasn't stopped playing with it yet.  And, Sam will even sit with her everyday for a few minutes and play princess with her.  He is such a good brother.

Her actual birthday was on Monday, and that is when we let her open all the presents that she was sent from her family.  She got lots of wonderful goodies, every thing from pink cowgirl boots (Oma) to an Elmo dress (Aunt Karen and Uncle Damien) to some model magic clay (Nana).  Each gift got "Oh man!" or a "open it please Daddy!"  We had some of the left over Elmo cupcakes, and I made some baked ziti with sausage in it.  She loves pasta!  She is such a girl.  If it has carbs and cheese she is all over it.

We took some yummy oatmeal and banana muffins in to share with her class on Tuesday.  They must have been good, I sent in two dozen and came back with five.  I think her class enjoyed them.

Today, we had her two year well visit.  It was a really good appointment.  She has terrible white coat fever.  Usually when we pull into the parking lot, she starts trembling and crying.  She just has the most intense anxiety.  She must get it from her late Pop-Pop man.  However, today she was a little better.  We made it all the way through the waiting room, and weight/height check before the fear set in.  She was very cooperative with the doctor, but she clung to me and whined through the majority of the appointment.  I think it helped that we play doctor alot here at home, and I talked to her for a few days about her appointment and what would happen there.

Funny side story, the other afternoon she was looking through a Halloween costume catalog and she came to a page with a children's doctor costume.  She said "What's that Momma?" and pointed to the picture of the boy dressed like a doctor.  
I said, "It's a doctor, Annarose."
She says back, "That's scary."  She then turned the page.  I swear I nearly peed myself.  She is such a pistol!

She weighed in at 21 lbs and 31 in.  PEANUTTY!  She is wearing mostly 18 month stuff, but she still sports a few 12 month items, especially pants.  She is long torsoed and short legged.  God bless her.  She is gonna be a tiny lady, like her Grandma.  Her language is off the charts, it isn't always clear.  But, she is trying to make 3-5 word sentences... and will repeat almost anything she hears.  She is very very independent... always wants "Rosie do it".  That can be dressing, putting shoes on, taking shoes off, buckling car seat, eating with her utensils, screwing on her lids to a sippy, taking off her diaper.  You name it, she can do it better!  Such a difference from her brother, who still need help to stay on task.

She is mildly interested in the potty.  I am just not pushing it.  I think I am just gonna roll with it and think about training her in the spring.  I am going to have enough to deal with in a few months.

She is a social animal like her brother.  Very pleasant, but full of energy.  She is go go all the time.  She rarely takes a breather.  And, if Daddy and Sam are home she is at top speed to keep up with them.  I don't know how much "girly girl ness" she will keep, she is really determined to not get left behind by those two.


Elmo cupcakes, the missing Elmo mouth was Ruby doing a little quality control.

Add caption

Ruby tested, Ruby approved!

Add caption

Super girl cape!

Actual birthday!  We had baked pasta and more Elmo cupcakes.

Sam assisting in the present opening

No comments: