Friday, June 12, 2009

Updates for June

My little goober graduates!  I cannot believe it.  Overnight he just grew up so much.  It seems like just a few years ago, he was building major Lego and Lincoln log villages all over the living room floor while watching rerun episodes of Muppet Babies on TV.  Now, he has a job (vet assistant), can drive a car, and vote.  Crazy.  I am super proud of him.  He is a very serious, responsible kid with a mature outlook on his future and life.  He swore in a few weeks ago with the United States Air Force and leaves for basic training in September.  I am excited for him, he is in for some grand adventures.  He wants to be a load master like my father, and then go to college when he is done serving his country.
Their graduation ceremony was nice, although I was a bit disappointed that none of the speakers gave the dozen or so students recognition for enlisting in service to our country.  There was much praise for the college kids, but no mention of the students who were taken a less traveled and uncertain path.
Tris is all the way in the back row, between the two tallest kids.  Yeah, he is the short one.
My family, my Mom and Dad can almost taste their freedom too!
The boys
All the guys did a celebratory shot of Sambuca, except lil Den...he did a shot of OJ.
Mom planned a huge celebration on Saturday, it was a great party.  The whole week before she was so sick with an awful virus.  But, she pulled it off and it was so fun.  Tristan had about forty guests!  We ate and drank and watched the children played well into the dark.  Sam and Joe collapsed!  My gorgeous cousin, Kathleen and her fiancee.  They are getting hitched this summer.
I managed to get Sam to hold still for a quick picture.


Dennis and his cousin buddies, Stephan and Tim.  
Sammy swimming in the pool, he is getting quite good kicking around.  
The fam

2 comments:

Mara said...

Yay Goober!

Lora said...

I'm sorry, but Tristan is still 13 in my brain. I can't conceive of this!
happy bday Cody and congrats Tristan!
what a huge weekend for the family!