Thursday, June 18, 2009

All is good on the home front, both Sam and I are doctored up.  

Sam battled a ridiculous high fever ranging in the 101s to the 104s...all day.  But, it broke last night.  He ate a doughnut.  And, is on some anti-biotics to combat any secondary infections (strep, pneumonia, or ears).  He seems pretty good today.  

I got the old, "it's just allergies".  Go buy Zyrtec and here is some nasal sample spray.  Whatever.  I'm not a medication person.  Except Advil.  I heart Advil.


2 comments:

Lora said...

watch that Zyrtec for sure! I don't know why doctors love it, moms everywhere have a terrible time with the side effects, especially with little boys.
(http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19835&name=ZYRTEC ~~for one site)

I do give it to Jake from time to time because it is the only thing that works well, but his behavior does change. And it gives me terrible night mares.

I'm so sorry to hear you guys are all banged up, but glad that Sammy is well enough to "force" himself to eat a donut!

Mara said...

That's a really high fever--you must have been so worried. Glad he's doing better.

I tried taking Zyrtec and it did not agree with me. Especially when I had caffeine during the day. I would get all woozy and nauseous, which I thought was much worse than my allergy symptoms.