This is the view from our room at the Warwick in downtown Denver. You probably have noticed that there are no spectacular mountain views. That is because Denver sits at the base of the Rockies with views only on the eastern side of the city, but don't be fooled the elevation still tops out at 5,280 feet above sea level, exactly one mile up. Let me tell you, that does nothing to help wedding libations and the hangover that ensues.
Celebrate we will...because life is short but sweet for certain...were climbing two by two...to be sure these days continue - Dave Matthews Band
Friday, June 27, 2008
Denver, Co for Lynn's Wedding
One of my best friends from Philadelphia was married a few weekends ago, and I was in her wedding party. She and her husband live in Denver, Co "The Mile-High City", so that is where I traveled on my own for the first time since having Sam. I made it through 3 days without my family, although, I admit on Friday morning I was in a bit of a panic that I could not explain and wanted so bad to go home. Lucky for me and everyone in my company, the feelings past and I ended up having a wonderful weekend with some old friends.
This is the view from our room at the Warwick in downtown Denver. You probably have noticed that there are no spectacular mountain views. That is because Denver sits at the base of the Rockies with views only on the eastern side of the city, but don't be fooled the elevation still tops out at 5,280 feet above sea level, exactly one mile up. Let me tell you, that does nothing to help wedding libations and the hangover that ensues.
A bit of girl time after the rehearsal dinner back at the hotel. Lynn was a calm and collected bride, I was quite proud.
Getting our hair did.
Getting ready in the afternoon, we felt the need to work on our posing skills.
This "restaurant" was located right near the chapel where the wedding took place. We took a picture because the only food that should be scooped is ice cream...definitely not Chinese food from a bad part of town and definitely not if it costs $1.35. Can you feel the stomach cramping food poisoning even over cyberspace?
A beautiful bride opens her gift from her groom. A lovely set of diamonds for her ears.
Outside the chapel waiting for the pictures to finish up with the happy couple. Lora and I took the opportunity to snap a shot.
Lynn's two brothers, Sean and Brian.
We are headed to the reception site in our Limo. We were sadly not prepared and had no booze to toast the couple and make a head start to a evening of dining, dancing and celebrating.
The university club had the stained glass pane with the Penn emblem, I took it for Cody. It was so old that it had changed so much from what we now see on T-shirt, diplomas and coffee mugs. It was a cool place that was over 100 years old.

This is the view from our room at the Warwick in downtown Denver. You probably have noticed that there are no spectacular mountain views. That is because Denver sits at the base of the Rockies with views only on the eastern side of the city, but don't be fooled the elevation still tops out at 5,280 feet above sea level, exactly one mile up. Let me tell you, that does nothing to help wedding libations and the hangover that ensues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love it. i have to get a post up about this too. i need the pics! kodak link please!
I am so very sorry that your Bonaroo experience was bad. I've been sick from heat and it is absolutely no fun. And you missed all that good music! Maybe another time.
Lois
You girls all look beauuutiful!!
Post a Comment