Celebrate we will...because life is short but sweet for certain...were climbing two by two...to be sure these days continue - Dave Matthews Band
Monday, June 16, 2008
11 Months
Sam is such a busy little man, that I hardly was able to get the 11 months shot. He was climbing all over everything and refused to look at the camera. He is so close to walking, he stands and creeps along furniture and he will even occasionally get brave and let go, standing freely for a few seconds. I can tell he really is trying to figure it out, because he wants to be up and then he immediately wants down...he gets frustrated and scrunches up his whole face while looking at me as if to say, "why won't my legs do what your legs do Momma?"
He looked so funny sitting here holding his sign, playing with his ear while watching golf with his Dad.
The Bonnaroo trip was a bust. I got a case of what I think may have been heat exhaustion or heat stroke. I got pretty sick on Thursday and long story short just could not rally. We ended up packing up camp and heading home way early. It was so HUGELY disappointing after all our prep work and excitement. I can't even talk about it, it makes me sick thinking about it. Sambo was such a rockstar while his Momma laid on the ground like a limp noodle though, so Daddy bought him this star for his room on our trip back. It lights up and is so pretty at night. Sam loves it.
The only picture we took at Bonnaroo, because we were so distracted by whatever was going on with me.
On a lighter note, Sam has started to try and feed himself with utensils. It is so messy, but way cute to watch the concentration of putting spoon to bowl, and then spoon to mouth. I try not to get all obsessive about washing his hands, and just let him have fun. I really don't want to pass on my texture issues to him.
Cute hiney shot!
I can almost see myself in him here, almost.
But not nearly as much as I see Cody in him. Seriously, there is no denying this kid belongs to Cody.
Sam loves to play and rough house with his Dad. He has gotten so into him in the last month. He often cries when he leaves and calls for him from his crib when he wakes up, and will follow him around the house, especially in the morning. He sits in the bathroom and plays while Cody gets ready. He has all kinds of cute language emerging...I can hear him try and imitate words-phrases like: peekaboo, get down, all done, hey there, bye-bye and so many more. He knows a few signs and but still only uses 'more' and 'all done'. He also makes animals sounds at the pets. He is learning at the speed of light! I can hardly keep up with him these days.
With his first birthday approaching, I guess I have some party planning to do. We are having Grandma visit from San Diego, and maybe Grandpa too. I think we are going to have a little party with the family and friends that live nearby. We will see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear your weekend didn't work out! He looks so serious in some of those photos... definitely a Cody thing! Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment