Friday, October 12, 2007

3 months

Well, everyone said it! Three months is the magic number for these wee guys. I think that it is true, suddenly almost everything has gotten easier here on the Fielden home front. We have gotten a pretty decent routine established both during the day, and at night. Sam is still eating upwards of 9 times a day, but that is just fine, because he is still my little peanut. His last weigh in on the 10th had him at 9lbs. 10ozs.-- My goal is to have him double his weight by his 4 month checkup or at least get close to it. He is just fitting into the 0-3 sizes, which is hilarious to me, the kid was 10 days late! He has become more efficient when he eats, it usually takes him around 20 minutes, as long as he doesn't start to fall asleep. Naps are still all over the place, sometimes he takes two great ones. Other days he will nap once for several hours, and then there are the days when he is a nightmare and only cat naps. This is not fun for anyone, but we make it through. Sam is really starting to become more of a baby, than an infant. I am having so much fun with him now. He is lifting up on his arms when he plays, which up until the last few days he HATED. He is getting quite strong and seems to almost enjoy a different perspective on things. He hasn't yet rolled from tummy to back, but I expect by the end of the month he will be doing that too. And today, he laughed! A real good, hearty belly laugh... it made me melt. He also doing a variety of other things, reaching out for toys, discovered his feet and hands. Car rides continue to not be the funnest of times, but either he is getting happier doing it or I am getting better at ignoring him.
Look! I am holding my own bottle!
With Sam well on his way to growing up, I am also getting better at handling this life changing role. I can't say it has been easy or a piece of cake, in fact, I think I may have even been a bit post-pardomy bluesy... but now, I am happier than I have ever been-- and tired.

No comments: