Saturday, May 26, 2007

34-35 Weeks

It safe to say now that I am down to the last few weeks that discomfort has officially set in. I am definitely maintaining an exercise ritual, but instead of weight training and cardio every morning, it is more like slow, waddle walking in the neighborhood with lots of rests and water aerobics with my granny friends. My checkup went well, it must have been a busy day in labor and delivery, I waited an hour for my doctor and then she spent 2 seconds checking my measurements and BF's heart rate and was out the door. So, I didn't get a count on what the heart rate was this time. It was a little odd. But hey, luckily I didn't have any questions this time around. I start my weekly appointments at 36 weeks, that is when the real fun begins.


Cody and I have begun to sort thru the nursery, doing wash, and putting things together. It is very exciting to think we are almost there, and soon we are going to meet our child. It is so weird to think, we will be a threesome... a family. We are getting ready for the big day, I am starting to put my suitcase together and wrote a "birth plan". A birth plan is just a few preferences written out to put in your chart at the hospital since the L&D nurses have never met you, and my OB team has five doctors. It will keep me from having to repeat myself over and over when, well, my patience may not be at its highest level. In other news... we found our Maya girl a new home. She left last Sunday to go live with Ed and Phylis, our old neighbors on Greenway. They are wonderful people, close to retirement and looking for a new pal. They lost there 13 year old golden retriever last winter to arthritis and other old dog ailments. It was sad, I really miss her. I cried.

No comments: