Saturday, May 19, 2007

The new 32-33 week post!

We apparently had some trouble getting the pictures to show up, I redid everything, so hopefully the glitch is worked out!

A little update on what we have been up to lately, I have reached 33 weeks. I am feeling good still, more tired and slightly uncomfortable, but overall good. These pictures were taken at 32 weeks, and it is amazing, I have grown a bit more since even then.My doctors appointment was last week, and I finally got to see my real doctor, Dr. O'Keefe. He is wonderful, I really hope that I am able to have him there to deliever the baby. We share many of the same beliefs in child birth. The chances aren't good, considering there are five docs in my practice. We talked a little about the upcoming weeks, signals that I need to look for that labor might be beginning. He also informed me that at 34 weeks, the doctors won't take any measures to prevent pre-term labor. The baby isn't considered full term, until 36 weeks and isn't at his or her ideal maturity until 40 weeks. As much as I want to meet my little friend on the inside, BF needs to bake as long as possible. He also took BF's heartrate 135 bpm, and checked to make sure head was down, all I can say about that is "OUCH"!

I have another doctor's appointment next week. I will go every 2 weeks, until 36, then I start to see the doctor's every week. My appetite has slowed down again, thank goodness. I get very full, very fast... but I am hungry more often. I am trying to stick to lots of protein, calcium and iron rich foods. Although, it is sometime hard to cook because I have low energy levels in the early evening. As much as I don't want to, I also stopped exercise training with Leigh last week, I am having alot of bad nights of sleep and found that I had to cancel with her too much. We did arrange for her to lay out a plan for me to do on my own when I felt up to it. I am up 18 pounds, and I expect to gain about 1/2 to 1 pound per week until I deliever. This is great I am right at where I wanted to be, which is 22-26 pounds gained.


We have been busy with the nursery. Cody bought me this cozy and comfy glider to rock and nurse the baby in, I love it!!! It was for my birthday.
Here is big daddy putting together the crib, he looked so cute reading the instructions and struggling to make it all fit together safely. I had a baby shower with my side of thefamily this weekend, we got alot of wonderful gifts from friends and family. It doesn't look like we will have to buy to much, we still have two other showers with work friends and neighborhood friends. We have been so blessed. I will post a few pictures when I get them from people. I had to depend on everyone else, since my battery died on the camera.