Friday, April 13, 2007

The third trimester, 28 weeks!

I have officially reached the third trimester. Yeah! A couple of belly shots, my father just loves these.

My appointment this time around was not all good news. They found that in an initial screening I am not tolerating glucose the way I should be, and now I am at risk for gestational diabetes. To further explore this, I have to go in next week for a 3 hour glucose screening. It involves drinking a super-duper sugary drink on an empty stomach and taking blood every hour for three hours. I am a little bummed, but realize that I may be just fine and this worry is kind of pointless. I am going to just have to watch my sugar and carbs this week, and hope for the best.
I met a another new doctor, 4 down, 1 more to go. She was much nicer than the last woman I saw, younger and cheerful. She was pleased with my weight gain (now up 11 pound), blood pressure and the belly measurement was "right on the money". BF's heartrate measured out at 142 BPM, kind of low considering I chugged 8oz. of sugar 20 minutes before.
I am feeling kind of tired now, sleeping is becoming difficult. I am battling insomnia off and on, and I keep waking up on my back. I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like my spine is on fire. I started to make lists before I go to bed to help with the insomnia, so far so good.
We also started our Bradley classes, which will get us prepared for natural child birth. Cody thinks I am completely insane, but hopefully after we finish he will be as stoked as I am. They are a little silly, kinda hippy-dippy touchy feely, but we really haven't gotten into the meat of the method yet.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Good for you on the natural childbirth plan. That was mine too, and I did it for thirty some hours before I had to get drugged up for the C-section. It hurts but it truly is a beautiful hurt.

My mom was there and I drew strength thinking of her doing the natural labor with me, and Dave was there and we got to spend some time together as "just us" while Jake tried his darnedest to get out of there on his own. And Dave's mom was there begging me to get drugs. It actually helped me NOT get them out of some sort of spite!

The belly looks great and you are doing fantastic with the weight. Don't stress the GD stuff too much. Worry only when you need too.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE STUNNING!!!! I miss you, please tell little BF that his Auntie Sarah loves her! Since we dont know which he/she is I'll use both!! Love ya, Sarah