Monday, January 01, 2007

Visiting friends,Christmas Eve and other jolly stuff....

It has been taking me awhile to post the rest of our Christmas trip to Philly, but I finally have got it together. After the wedding we headed into the city to visit Lora, Dave and the lil' Munchichi. I can't believe how big Jake has gotten! I feel so old just saying that, but he is bright and beautiful, just like his momma. We also checked out Delt, Cody's old frat house. It was kind of sad and empty... hard to believe it was once filled with a bunch of crazy boys who blasted Guns-n-Roses, played pool till all hours and just plan caused chaos and mayhem. Cody craved an authentic Philly Cheesesteak from Pat's and much to my better judgement, I also indulged. I should have heeded Lora's warning, I paid for that cheesesteak. Paid.... PAID... PAID!

Apparently, Tristan has the "Midas touch", after a short backrub, Jake fell asleep standing up. Lora wanted to keep him.
Cody couldn't help himself and wanted to snuggle with him. I think he practicing for later on.
Jake woke up bright eyed, and bushy tailed. The hat speaks for itself.
Christmas Eve was mellow at the Hauck household. We were all pretty tuckered out from the party the night before. We watched the "Snowman", the best Christmas movie ever. Dennis loved it and sat through the whole thing with me. The family shuttled off to midnight mass, and Tris stayed home with the sleeping babe. The mass was pleasant until the incense caught on fire and filled the church up with smoke, everyone was coughing and choking. I had to leave the room, it was so bad.
Cody and I are putting together Dennis Christmas present. More practice for parenthood.
Christmas morning... we were blessed by a visit from Santa Clause. Strangely we couldn't find Pop-pop anywhere!
Cody bought me a new Coach, it was just what I asked for. He such a good listener.
Dennis loved his lil' car we got him. He still seems to enjoy it at home, especially opening and closing the door.
Karen and Damien stopped by on their way to the honeymoon. They headed up to the Poconos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lora says...

It was great to see you guys! I have a new Coach all picked out too, just waiting for the next payday. No one listens to me:(