Sunday, December 17, 2006

The First Ultrasound...12 weeks

AND PHEWWWW!!! Everything looks normal and good with the development thus far. I have to admit, between my field and over-active imagination... I was a bit anxious about the whole thing.

We heard the heart beat, which was unbelievable! The doctor said, BF was a good size, the cranial cap was closed and the spinal cord appeared to be intact. He said, my placenta was placed towards the front of my uterus, which may cause a cushioning affect and not to worry if it takes me longer to feel movement. Holly said, this may be a good thing later on in my pregnancy, and the kicking won't be so intense all the time.

Here BF is in all his or her glory!If you have never seen a 3D ultra-sound, this is what you are looking at. The head is by the top, we are looking at the face and belly. The arms and hands are balled up by the face. The tube running down the belly is the imbiblical cord and on either side of that is the knees. Pretty cool, huh?

Cody came with me to the appointment, thank goodness, because I totally lost it and cried. He said that the whole thing made it more "real" to him. I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

Lora said...

I'm glad to hear all went well! Ultrasounds were the cause of severe anxiety for me, but they are amazing.
Love to all of you!

Luisa said...

Oh, I'm so excited for both of you. Imagine... only 28 weeks until you see him or her in the flesh!