This morning, for the first time in months, Sam came running into my bedroom in his footed fleece pajamas and climbed under the covers to snuggle me. He curled up his knees into my stomach, grabbed my face and kissed it, all the while telling me how much he loved me. Did I sleep well? How was I feeling this morning?
We used to start all our mornings like this. It was such a sweet and wonderful surprise to have him stop for a few minutes in his crazy, busy life to love on me. He usually runs straight to the bathroom to interrogate Cody on everything he is doing, and ignores me. Not today. Today I got all the attention... it was awesome. I wanted to freeze time. We were 20 minutes late to school and I don't care one bit.
He is growing so tall, and he will start Kindergarten in the fall. He can write his name and recognizes dozens of sight words. He loves to swim and plays soccer like he is never going to run out of batteries. He is sweet with his sister, and wants to be an astronaut or "animal doctor" when he gets to be older than a teenager. His latest favorite is anything Muppet.
I can't wait to spend the summer with him. He is so much fun to be around. I am really proud of him. And honored that I was blessed to be his Momma.

2 comments:
That's such a sweet story Heather!
It just goes to show what a great job both you & Cody are doing raising Sam & AnnaRose. They are both cuties, smart & adorable...Such a great testament to good parenting...Susie Nana Jersey..(Luisa's mom)
Post a Comment