Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

My earliest memories of my Mom have me sitting on a stool as she rolled my pin straight hair in curlers, climbing into bed with her on cold winter nights in Wellsboro, and helping her weed that huge garden. I can remember her teaching me how to dress my baby dolls, tie my shoes, and serve a proper tea party. We walked to the library every week, she let me take out as many books as we could carry home. There was always hot chocolate waiting for me when I would walk home from school on cold winter afternoons, and when I got older a cup of hot tea. She taught me how to shave my legs, stop a runner in some panty hose, and apply mascara.
I can laugh with her. I can cry with her. I can talk for endless hours about nothing and everything. She is my very best friend.
I love you Mom. Our year has 'kinda sucked', but I could not have made it through without you helping me every step of the way. You have strength and grace in you that is unlike anyone I know. I know without any doubt I got real lucky when God or (maybe your Dad, wink wink;) picked me for you. Happy Mother's Day and Happy 40th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed