Thursday, May 26, 2011

8 months

Annarose at eight months, 13 lbs 10 oz. She is very petite, not even on the charts.
So I am just a smidge late on this post for Annarose, considering it is the 26th of the month! It is just a lot harder to get pictures and posts up with two kids running (or crawling around the house).
Annarose is into everything and crawling around everywhere, baby proofing this house has proved to be much more difficult. The new rule around here is, if I find it on the floor it is going in the trash. The whole mobile baby thing is happening so much faster with her, she is just dying to keep up with Sam. In a matter of days she went from an army crawl to up on her knees, to pulling up to standing. I have a feeling she might be walking before too long. Heaven help me!
She is finally into her grub! This is a cute one of her and an avocado feast, she gets so excited when I let her have some finger foods. She shovels it in! I have let her have a few meats, pasta, veggie burger, grapes... basically anything soft and mushy. Annarose still doesn't have any teeth. While on vacation she decided it really wasn't in her interest to take a bottle, especially from Cody. I wasn't too happy about this, so we are working on the bottle again. However, I may just try and get her to straight transition to a sippy cup. She hasn't quite got the whole sipping, suction thing down yet, but I am sure she will get it this month.
I am working to use more sign language with her, she smiles and watches very intently when I use them. I haven't seen her attempt using any, but she seems to understand 'eat' and 'all done'. She also started waving and saying hi last week. The first time was while I was watching Oprah, she started waving and calling 'hi' to the TV. Kind of funny!
Jane and Annarose are like little twinsies, we call them 'me and mini-me'.... they play really well together. We spent the weekend up in Philly and AR was fast friends with the Philly Hauckies. It makes me sad that we only see them once in awhile. Jane and Damien have gotten so big and changed so much since we saw them in January, especially sweet baby Jane.No more baby tub, AR loves having the whole tub to splash around in.
Our little princess!
Annarose is as sweet as they come! We are enjoying her so much, she is a good little sleeper and has such a calm disposition. She adores being around people and activity, and is always so very curious. I am surprised at how serious she is, but also very friendly and will go to anyone without making strange.

2 comments:

Kammy said...

Heather, she is such a doll! I can't wait to one day meet her (when are you guys coming to SD?) I'm surprised she only weighs 13ish pounds--it looks like she's got some rolls on her! She looks perfect to me :)

Tavia said...

Adorable pics of your baby girl Heather, as always! :)