Thursday, March 17, 2011

My 6 month old Girl!

It is wildly insane how quickly my little girl is changing, just last week when I did my first attempt at her 6 month picture Annarose could just barely sit up on her own. Now, she is doing so good. She can sit unsupported for much longer before gracefully toppling over. We are definatley out of the infant stage and is a full blown baby now. She is gooing and gaaing, rolling, playing, laughing, smiling, sitting, and really trying something fierce to crawl. She does all these rocking motions on her tummy to move around. Sometimes she does an almost plank, downward facing dog like move, she get way up on her hands and toes then lunges herself forward. She has way more interest in getting around then her brother did. Just goes to show that each child you have is so different, and really not what you expect.
Her doctors appointment was on Monday, she weighed in at 12 lbs 9 oz. and 23 inches long. She didn't grow all that much, but she put on a few pounds. The doctor wasn't concerned to much, she asked how often she ate and how she slept. Then made the comment how smart she was and she seemed to be developing just as she was supposed too, if not even ahead of the game. Annarose is just very petite! She just takes after a plethora of women in her family. Her great grandmothers, her grandmother, her aunt, her great aunts, her momma... the list goes on.
We did end of leaving the appointment with a prescription of antibiotics. She had a mysterious ear infection! It hasn't seemed to slow her down in the slightest, she is as pleasant and sweet as ever. Although, I will say she absolutely refuses to take her medicine. She spits 90% of it out, alot like her baby food. What can I say! She is very strong willed. I think we are headed for some interesting times ahead with her disposition.
Annarose is finally getting more into her naps, the important thing for her is it much be in her bed. She just won't nap on the go anymore. Sure she will dose in the car, but as soon as it stops moving she is bright eyed and bushy tailed. I have been making real efforts to stay at home in the morning after I take Sammy to school, although it is hard not to take advantage of those 3 year old free mornings. I just try to keep in mind that her sleep is more important than most of my errands.
First attempt!
Second attempt!Oh! I give up!
In spite of the lack of posts lately, I have actually taken a ton of pictures. I just haven't had much time to upload, edit or post anything lately. Maybe I will manage to get some of that done today.

1 comment:

Lora said...

happy 6 months!!!