Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Our Great Wolf Adventure!

Cody and I took the kids for our first foursome family vacation, well more like a getaway. We spent 2 nights down in Charlotte at The Great Wolf Lodge. If you have never been, it is an awesome family resort that revolves around their indoor water park.
We didn't tell Sam anything about it, it was a total surprise. He fell asleep on the way down, so when he woke up Cody walked him to the lobby. We covered his eyes and walked him up to the water park window, when we uncovered his eyes... he nearly peed his pants. It was to cute.
The room had tent themed kid bunks and a separate "room". Sam even had his own TV. Here he is on the top bunk, which is where he slept. The first night was a bit rough, he was just SO excited. It was hard for him to settle down, even with the hours of water play.
Every night they have a clock tower show with puppets and big dressed up mascots, then they have a big story time with all the young guests in their pajamas. It was all very kid centered. Sam with Violet Wolf.Unfortunately, I didn't get to many pics inside the water park. I didn't bring my good camera either, so a lot of our pictures came out kind of blurry. It was nice and warm inside the park, and we really had a great time. Even Annarose enjoyed herself, I borrowed a water proof swimming wrap from Holly. It worked great! I could snuggle Annarose and take her in the pools, and she was in her own little wetsuit. Their aren't any pictures of us together, but Cody was definitely busy with Sam! We took turns with him, he seemed to really enjoy our individual attention.Annarose and I spent a lot of time people watching from the stroller. By the second afternoon, she has her runny nose again. I think we are actually headed to the doctor. She can't seem to kick whatever bugs she picked up. She is sleeping a ton, and is very grumpy, not herself at all. It doesn't surprise me, she spit out 90% of her antibiotic. I tried to hide it in food, bottles, sneak cheek attack. The girl is 6 months old and can hock a loogy like a 20 year old frat boy.Sam made a very cool tie dye T-shirt with the Cub Club.Morning story time!
Sam of course enjoyed the arcade, here is is playing "Ninja".Annarose was mid blink in this one, but she looks so sweet and tiny in Cody's lap. Sadly, our first family shot since Christmas! And, the only proof that I was there this weekend, lol.All tuckered out! On our way home.
We had an amazing family weekend, although I wouldn't go back until Sam reaches 42 inches tall. There were about 4 rides he couldn't go on, and it really bothered him. He isn't easily intimidated by rides and adventures. So I wouldn't want to go until he could really go on everything. Next winter will probably be our next trip!

2 comments:

Lora said...

Looks like SO much fun! I'm dying to get there, to the one in the Poconos. I hear they do half off specials if you keep a close eye on them you can find the coupons.

Poor Fearless Sam, couldn't go on the rides. I know he was upset!

Kammy said...

Ahhhh! I've wanted to go to this place--thanks for sharing the photos and the stories.
I wish they'd put one closer to us. I think the one in WA is the closest we've got and it's really not even close at all.