Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2 years ago...

I took this picture two years ago exact to the day. How insane to me that Sam is so different and yet still the same. Crazy. He is officially 2 and half years old. My time with him has been wonderful! I am really enjoying our daily routines and activities, he is a lot of fun. I love the conversations we have, and it never ceases to amaze me what little sponges they are at this age.
It has been dreadfully cold the last few weeks. A record low has settled over the state for several weeks, but thank goodness we are coming out of it starting tomorrow. We are supposed to go back to the 50's for a few days. I can't wait. I have literally been shivering. I can' t seem to get warm. Sam and I are both stir crazy with no outdoor time. We did manage a walk this afternoon, but he didn't even want to stay out. He has played outside twice in two weeks.

"Uncle" Ryan came for a visit with his lady friend last weekend. We didn't do a whole lot, just hung out and did some site-seeing. Sam really had a fun with Ryan, who was a fantastic playmate. We got a sitter for Saturday night and took them out for some good ole' southern food and saw 'Avatar' in 3D. I loved both!

Tonight, I am working on a new dish, Creamed Butternut Squash soup! Hope it turns out well.

No comments: