Monday, September 21, 2009

Day in the Park

The local city park has an annual "Day at the Park" sponsored by the arts council. They bring in bands to play music, bouncy houses and vendors from all over the city to sell their wares. The kids come out eat a hot dog, ride the train that goes round the lake, make crafts and generally have a really fun afternoon with their parents for next to nothing.

Sam and Cody are in the second car.
Sam wanted to ride it over and over again, he had a really good time.First time in a bouncy house, he was a bit intimidated at first but eventually got brave and had fun.
The best part of the day was the lollipop!
And the carousel was pretty good too!
We just mainly relaxed this weekend, it has been a crazy around here for so many weeks! It was good to just chill. Cody and I had our first session of "canning" from the remaining tomatoes and peppers from the garden. It went well, but it was definately a two man job. We made up a huge batch of salsa and got 5 big quart jars and one jar of Romas that we will save for marinara. I have some squash and cucumber coming up for a fall garden, but they aren't doing as good as in the spring. I am not sure I am gonna get anything.

2 comments:

Mara said...

Canning for the winter...you are so good! I say I am going to can/jar/freeze produce every fall, but it never seems to happen. Well, I do have a bunch of pesto in the freezer, but that's it!

Lora said...

that train looks like it might have some white Native Americans on the side! Classic!

These days are the best days, for sure.