Our whirlwind trip to San Diego was much needed, and I am so glad we went. Our good friends Mike and Sharlyn tied the knot, on Sept. 11th! This was the motivation to get out there, but we certainly packed in the family time too. The wedding was lovely, held in an old Catholic Church in Little Italy. It was very traditional in some respects with a twist of Filipino culture and tradition. Sharlyn was born in the Philippines, and immigrated here as a child. Have you ever been to a wedding before when the bride and groom are just
dripping with love and devotion to one another? This was Mike and Sharlyn, you walked out of that church absolutely certain that they would grow old together with many children and grandchildren making them happy all the days of their life.

The gorgeous San Diego skyline from the bayside view, the reception was help out on the naval base. Mike is from a long line of sailors, and in fact Mike to this day lives on his sailboat at the Marriot Marina. I am not sure how this will change with marriage, but I know they will still spend half their time on that boat. Sharlyn has been bitten and loves to sail as much as Mike.

In fact, they sailed into the reception.

Another couple just dripping with love and devotion, **wink, wink**!

So, like I said we spent the rest of the time relaxing with the family. Sam and Sam chillaxin' poolside. You just can't deny those genetics can you?

Let's trade Grandpa?

Uncle Ryan was a big hit with his body slams and movie watching.

Oma and Sam had a great time together at the UTC mall, it had lots of fountains, playgrounds, train rides, bouncy houses...we met Oma's friend Jan up there for lunch. Sam held Oma's hand the whole time, and explored. His favorite part was watching the "Zamboni Man" drive on the ice rink with Oma.

Since the whole wasp sting incident, Sam is terrified of bugs...all bugs, from ants to butterflies. Oma was teaching him that bugs aren't scary, they were checking out the filter to see if any bugs were floating in there that they could rescue or drown, not sure which!

We went to the beach and met some of my girls for breakfast, I didn't get a single picture because I was so distracted with Sam. Everyone looked beautiful and has been getting on so well. I got to see Sarah who has been gone for ages working in AZ, and Courtney flew in from San Fransisco! Laurel brought her family, her daughter is the picture of her! Melissa glowed...I am so happy for her. Mimi made us laugh, and I think Sammy crushed a bit on her. No matter how much how time passes, those girls are just the same like kindred spirits. I can't wait to see them again in a few months.
We also got to meet the new ladies in the boys life, Norah and Jen. Ryan is like a new man! It is amazing how life changes so rapidly in a year. Norah and I got on like peas and carrots. Jen was quieter, like Scott. I hope to get another opportunity to get to know her. She looks like she has alot of interesting things talk about. She had that artsy wistful style about her. We had dinner and went out for drinks too.
December can't come quick enough!
1 comment:
Looks like you had an amazing trip! I know you totally needed and deserved a getaway, so I'm glad you got it!
Post a Comment