Saturday, July 14, 2007

It's A Boy! Sweet Sammy has finally arrived!

Born on Tuesday, July 10th at 12:16 am

Samuel Cody Fielden was 6 pounds 1 ounce, 19 inches long and absolutely the most beautiful baby boy! He has a strawberry blonde hair, and so far dark blue eyes. His skin is very creamy and a little sensitive. He already loves to be swaddled as tight as Daddy can make it, suck on his fists, suck on his binkie, his milk time and cuddled, cuddled, cuddled!!!

The labor and delivery was not natural as planned, after about 16 hours of hard labor and several big scares with a decealerating heart rate, Sammy made the choice for us. He was not coming out, it was just not safe for him and he knew it. The cord was wrapped around his body and whenever I moved positions he went into distress and after the third attempt to move he did not recover. I was rushed to the OR at 11:30pm for an emergency C-section. Very scary business! I was not responding to the epidural quick enough, and the surgical team decided to put me under. Sammy was born a few minutes later. I would like to say he came into the world screaming, but unfortunately, he did not. The cord has cut off his air and he was non responsive for a few minutes. My baby boy was as blue as a blueberry, he scored a one on his APGAR. He quickly recovered and was out of critical care by morning. His peditrician says he is perfect and in the clear, we are blessed with an incredible healthy fiesty baby boy.

Here are some of our favorite pictures!

My first picture
Daddy and me
The Glow worm look
Mommy and me
Dr. O'Keefe and me, he saved my life. He is the best doctor ever! Sorry about it being upside down, I couldn't figure out how to flip it.

No comments: