Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring has sprung

I would like to report that Cody and I have led terribly interesting lives in the last few weeks and that is why I haven't had a single moment to blog about our adventures. Unfortunately, we have just been busy with yard work. The temperatures finally have begun to rise and so have the daffodils, with that we raked up the remaining leaves and winter ugliness and spread mulch. Lots of mulch, two car loads... totaling out at approx. 50 bags! The yard is looking good and we have started to sketch plans in our imagination of what new shrubs we want to buy and flowers to plant. As boring as this is to the rest of you, it is totally awesome and thrilling to us dorky homeowners. And, yes, we spent all Sunday at Home Depot.

Saturday, we did venture out of the house for some socializing. We met up with a few of my cousins from South Carolina for brunch, it was great to catch up in a nice relaxed environment rather that at a wedding or funeral. This seems to always be the case now that we are older and our grandparents are not alive to keep us connected.
Saturday evening we attended our first High Point Oyster Roast. This is an annual fundraiser for Family Services of High Point, a wonderful organization that helps low income families get the help they need, such as financial planning, abuse counseling, and so on. It is a huge winter BBQ, everyone bundles up and hovers around bonfires drinking beers and listening to blue grass. It is so fun, I can't wait for next year when I can enjoy the debauchery! None of the pictures turned out, to dark, but here is Cody holding his very expensive beer cozy.



1 comment:

Heather-Anne said...

Just a quick retration! When blogging about family grandparents, I was talking about my side of the family. Thankfully, Cody's grandmother is fiesty, alive and kicking!