It is incredibly hard to get some good blogging in! Not only do we not do a whole lot, other than try to keep our heads above water, when I am home... I have got laundry... and dishes... and pickup... and laundry... and meal making... and dishes... and and and! Breathe. My life is like one giant pattern!
But it is good. I love it. Really I do. I drink more, but hey, it is all good.
So what is the latest with everyone??
This little nugget right here just gets better and better. He is soooooooo sweet. I am not just saying that because I am biased, he really is. You pick him up and he will just pop that little thumb in his mouth and lay his head on your chest, total heaven. He just has me wrapped around his little pinkie. And, can you believe he is going to be 6 months next week? I can't. My mind is like whoa. Of course, this may have to do with the lack of sleep. He went from sleeping 7-4am, eating and then going back down to waking up starting some nights at 11pm and nursing every 2-3 hours. The worst is at about 5am, he is awake and talking away for the rest of the morning. Cute as hell, but not fun when you are trying to get some much needed shut eye.
The EA-TEF issues have been a bit tricky lately. He outgrew his dosage and we weren't aware, so there was a lot of baby puke, all the time. He is up to 14lbs! He likes the formula supplement I give him. We have got the new dosage and it has improved a bit. I tried introducing a few first foods, he likes cereal (rice and oatmeal)... peas (a bust) avocado (a bust) and sweet potatoes (loved), but the sweet potatoes (didn't love him). I am going to stick with the cereals for another couple of days and try sweet potatoes again, see if the up dose in meds help keep it down. He seems to like eating, which is a great change from AR who rebelled from day 1 on all food outside of straight nursing. He reminds me more of Sam, thank god... great eater but slow. On the upside Luke HAS to be a slow eater so he doesn't choke.
His gross motor is a bit delayed... he doesn't care to sit and he hasn't rolled from back to front yet either. But, I believe this is a mix of both reflux and losing a whole month while at Brenner's. We work alot in the Bumbo, and just a few baby exercises. I have had an OT evaluation, so we are keeping an eye on things. Knowledge is power, but given my earlier field of study it can also lead to terror and paranoia. Trying to keep all that in check :)
He has his well visit with the pediatrician next week and shots. He also has a visit with the surgeon at Brenner's in 2 weeks. Looking forward to his analysis of Luke's development.
Sambo is killing it at swim lessons. So proud of him! He is such a fish! I hope he continues to love it, it is such a good sport for him. If you know Sam, you know how energetic and goofy he can be and watching how he focuses while in the water is so encouraging for me. You will never worry about your children I feel like, as much as worry about your first born.
He has less than a month of school left. And, outside of coloring he never has to bring classwork home anymore. I can see how much he has matured in just the last month or two. He is so much more cooperative with everything from getting homework done to completing his chores. He can still need reminders to stay on task, but hey... he is only 5.
He has got a busy summer ahead. He wants to do swim team again (yeah!) and try Tai Kwon Do. I also got him enrolled in a few camps. There is the Spy Camp, Science Camp, Vacation Bible School at the local Episcopal parish and (drumroll, please) Acting Camp performing "The Hobbit". He is so excited. He wants to be Bilbo.
He also wants to take some music lessons. I am thinking piano. Cody's thinking drums.
What is there to say about Rosie? She is doing so much better since her tubes. She still gets a little feisty, but that is a mixture of her personality and her 'middle childness'. She wants to be heard and seen that is for sure. Her little temperament is so different from Sam's, something I am still looking to get used to. She is a fighter, whereas Sam is a lover. She often loves to challenge you. And believe me, it is a challenge. I keep saying to Cody, she is going to be special... she will do big things, as long as we foster that big personality just right. You know what I mean? She has independence and determination, and I love that about her. She has a natural bravery and curiosity and confidence, that comes from within. How many 2 year old do you know that will approach a horse and not even think twice? No fear.
I am hoping to find a long weekend coming up here, where I can get this girl potty trained. She is definitely ready to be out of diapers. It is hard for me to find a few minutes to get it done though. I'd love to start her in some swim lessons soon. I am a bit nervous about taking the kids to the pool this year, while having Luke. Sam was so confident in the water, always. He knew how to be safe and how to go under at her age. Annarose still won't really stick her face in the water, and yet there is that no fear thing I was talking about... wish me luck.
| My knuckle heads! |
| Enjoying some much needed sunshine! It has been a bleak, cold spring in NC |
No comments:
Post a Comment