It is so hard to find time to blog now with three beans running around... but here goes.
With Sam...
He is cranking right along in Kindergarten. He is getting fantastic marks on his work, but he still abhors handwriting and anything related to coloring. I can't say it will be the end of the world, because when do we need coloring in the real world and let's face it who is going to be using handwriting in 20 years to scribble more than a maybe a grocery list. Frankly, they already have an app for that! He loves to read, he made it through an entire Dr. Seuss book this week with minimal help, and he has begun to read to Annarose. We have also been branching out with books we read to him, he finished "The Hobbit" with Daddy and I started "The Wizard of OZ" after that. He likes the chapter books a lot.
He started spring soccer, and took a break from gymnastics to try it out. His team is REALLY good. I am wondering if it will frustrate him that his teammates have such a head start on their skills. We will see. He is swimming once a week still, and loves it. The kid has almost got the butterfly down. Awesome stuff... he seems to do better with sports that require individual skill rather then balls and teamwork. But, he may surprise me.
With Annarose...
My poor peanut pie! She has had such a rough couple of months. Not only was she knocked off her baby status with Luke... but she has suffered terribly all winter with double ear infections. We just finished out 7th near consecutive round of anti-biotics, and to no avail she is still suffering. Cody and I made the choice to have tubes put in. She has become resistant to the antibiotics, and I suspect she is starting to have hearing difficulties. Her surgery is next Thursday. I pray that this will help her be a happier baby again. She has been very temperamental and cranky. I miss my sweet, vibrant girl!
She has been taking gymnastics once a week, and going to her little church pre-school 3 mornings a week. She loves her friends and adores her teachers. She has gotten super independent, it is such a blessing with an infant. She likes her dolls and kitchen, and loves to go outside and play with Sam. We are all looking forward to warmer weather. It has been a wet, cold winter.
With Luke....
Golly, he is the easiest and most darling baby. At last weigh in, he was 10lbs2oz... big for my babies. His appointments with both the pediatrician and surgeons this month were great. We are keeping a close eye on his reflux, which started to increase in frequency and volume over the last 2 weeks. I have a call in to see if we need to revisit his prescriptions. I have also begun to keep an eye on his fine motor development, the docs were concerned about the coordination and use of his right side where he had the incision for surgery. He is an awesome sleeper, 2 good solid naps and a full night sleep. He goes down most nights at 6:15 and wakes at 4am and back down till 7:30 or so. I have never had such a great sleeper! It is fabulous. I am nursing with a formula or breast milk supplement occasionally. He smiles and coos. He loves to be snuggled while he sucks his thumb, but he is also a good boy when he has to sit in his bouncy puppy chair while I cook or tend to his crazy brother and sister. I am enjoying every second of his sweetness. I can't believe he is nearly 4 months old. It is going by so fast. I can't stand it. I tell people I am savoring him like a really good dessert. He is perfectly precious!
With Us....
The house addition is coming along at a nice clip. I am praying it will be finished by June.
Cody is still looking for a doctor to come work with him at the practice. Frosty retired at the end of last year. He has good interviews, but these young guys are more inclinded to be in a city. It is frustrating for him, but the practice is holding up in spite of it all. Cody is just working his tail off! He will be ready for a vacation when it comes.
I've been just busy trying to stay afloat. The daily life stuff keeps me going from the moment my feet touch the floor. I'd like to say that I am getting better at time management, but really my brain is still all soupy. I am pretty forgetful. I'd like to say I am getting into my resolutions, but I haven't had the time or motivation. I did run this morning on the treadmill.
4 comments:
great update Heather! Hope AR's surgery does the trick and she feels better. Love reading how they are all doing.
~Tavia
I love these sort of updates, and I'm so sorry that AR is suffering with the ear difficulties. If it's any consolation, I was 80% deaf in kindergarten- cranky, bad because I was "not listening" (duh), and not speaking very well. After tubes I could hear dog whistles and I was a whole new child. And that was over 30 years ago. I can't imagine how far along they've come!
And Lukey with the reflux. Ugh. He's such a big boy! Man alive I wish you lived closer, especially with these babies being just days apart.
And good old Sam! Jake is a terrible colorer and his penmanship is for the birds. But he's finally (finally!!) getting a hang on it, more than half way through first grade. They are SUCH the same sort of kid, I swear.
I am also enjoying the update...Your growing family are soo beautiful..& I centainly feel for you regarding the "non-stop" racing around you must be doing on a daily basis...Just got back from visiting Luisa, Ollie & "the boys" on Sunday 4/7 & I too was in "pepetual motion" from 6:30am until sundown daily...After 10+ days I was ready to come home for a rest...My hat goes off to you & Luisa, & she works too, WOW, looking forward to us all getting together again over the summer, Lulu & co due back around end of July!! Love to all, Nana Jersey!!
Trying to get back on the blog track so I'm reading back on some of yours--can't tell you how much your 3 sound like mine! Poor AR is just the middle child (she'll be the naughty girl like Josie! Have fun!) Glad Luke is an easy baby. I think #3 has to be because we're so busy with the others. Honestly, "we ain't got time for that!" :)
Hoping we get to see you guys again soon. Sounds like you all are super-duper busy, though. I mean...can you have more going on in your life? Seriously!
Post a Comment