Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A San Diego Christmas!

Our family arrived in San Diego Christmas Eve night, and we so relieved to get home to Oma and Grandpa's house.  The flight was long and miserable with a very uncooperative toddler, sick husband with Sam and I along for the ride.  Our Ipad even took a dump less than half way through the flight.  It was nuts!
We had a wonderful Christmas day, but we were missing Sarah and her girls.  We are certainly looking forward to seeing them in July for Ryan and Norah's wedding.  They haven't even met Annarose yet!  The kids got spoiled by all the family and we just had a nice quiet afternoon playing and resting and eating too.  Dinner was an awesome Prime Rib with all the fixings.  Cody was hanging strong until Christmas night, then he started to go down hill fast.  He started getting what I had at the beginning of the month and it hit him like a ton of bricks.  Unfortunately, it had him laid out till Friday.  He rallied a little, but is just now in the last few days started to really feel himself.  The doctor diagnosed him with Pneumonia after we got home.  I really felt bad for him, he looks forward to his trips out so much and he spent the big part of it in bed.
The kids were good, in spite of all the Christmas excitement and time change adjustment.  Sammy got a trip to the movies with Grandpa and Oma, as well as an In-and-Out burger.  And, Annarose enjoyed getting to know everyone.  On Friday, Cody felt well enough to go to the aquarium with the kids and it was a lovely day.
I also did alot of shopping.  Gosh, do I miss shopping.
Opening gifts

Oh!  Flannel sheets, horray!

Mikey was so hungry after all that present opening
Annarose and Grandpa taking a stroll around the yard

It was a very superhero Christmas for Sam 
Little Mikey is just the sweetest, quietest baby ever!  I hope he stays just as he is, perfect.


Sam at the Scripps Aquarium in La Jolla

My babes

Sam and his baja lobster, they have no claws... don't worry, its a fake. 
Feeling starfishes

Chomp!
AR's inside the shark cage, a braver girl than me:)

The typical unsuccessful Fielden family photo



2 comments:

Holly said...

Oma's hair looks nice and little Micky is so cute!

Kammy said...

Bummer to hear Cody was so sick. I was thinking about how you guys were out here, wish we could have seen you...but it's such a crazy time of year! Looks like you had a fun time despite all of the craziness :)