Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stone Mountain Hike

We met up with the Hauckies a few weeks back over Labor Day for a hiking adventure at Stone Mountain.  It turned out to be a brilliant day, a little over an hour drive and we spent all morning and part of the afternoon goofing off.
We took a mile hike down a waterfall, the boys galloped and the girls were carried by chariot (ie Daddy packs).  The boys got an awesome surprise at the bottom of the hike a nice, cold pool of fresh mountain water to swim and slide in.  The rocks were just low enough for them to climb up and slide down with some assistance from Dennis and Cody.  I'm excited to go back for a camp trip, it is a perfect distance for a weekend getaway and there is plenty to do in the park.  The fishing is highly popular there as well.
Everyone was famished, so we were smart to have packed a picnic lunch.  I have to admit, the meat and cheese sandwiches that Holly and Dennis brought on squishy kaiser rolls was so much better looking than our PB&J's... but I did score with a bag of Cheetos.

So frighteningly possible with this crew!


On our way down to lower falls and middle falls.

A wonderful surprise for the boys.

The natural rock water slide with Sam.

Sam and Joe pumping each other up for the plunge, so cute!

The princesses

Rubes and AR sharing the love...

I mean, seriously, do they get much cuter?

The boys were collecting for their "campfire".
On a side note, I have tons of photos from our trip to San Diego for Annarose's first birthday and our family's first trip to Disney.  We had an amazing time, as soon as I sort through and do a bit of editing I will post.  Happy Fall everyone!  It is the Hap-! Happiest time of the year!!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Your pictures are so good. I haven't even loaded mine on the computer yet.

Tavia said...

Looks like another wonderful trip for your family!! Love all of the stuff you guys do with them. Your niece's hair is adorable!! Happy Birthday Annarose!