Annarose is a complete daredevil and Houdini. I can't keep her in any kind of seat belt or restraining belt. This makes grocery shopping and feeding her in her high chair wicked fun. I have always got one hand on her at all times. She has taken some good falls lately. She is so fast, and is, of course, always on the move trying to keep up with Sam and us.
She is eating great, lots of protein, cereals, fruits and veggies, and I have added both eggs and some whole milk. At our last doctor's appointment, we got the green light to start the transition to whole milk since she won't take any other supplement to breast milk. I was a little uncomfortable with the amount of sucrose in the Pedisure, I am afraid it will give her a sweet tooth and make it impossible for her to drink just plain milk and enjoy her more bland foods. I could begin to see that happening. She is nursing at least 4 times a day, but sometimes it is more. It is her only real source of comfort. It is exhausting, and I am looking forward to weaning in a few months. My body and hormones are a complete roller coaster, and I am ready to feel normal again.
Sleep is still kind of all over the place, we were on a good trend of 10 straight hours, and then a quick nurse followed by 2 more hours of sleep overnight. Last night... she was up 3 times. So, who know!? Maybe it is teeth now? She still is a toothless wonder.
Her size is still tiny, but she is a healthy peanut. Her last weigh in was 14lbs 13oz, she has gained a pound.

Sam wanted to document his milestone too.
He is a good big brother. He plays very sweet with her (most of the time). His appointment had him weighing 31 lbs, and 39 inches tall. All of his tests came back great. He got the last round of vaccines for preschool, which starts in one month exactly. He was a very brave boy for his shots and I was so proud. It has been several days and his skinny little arms are still bruised and tender.
Four so far has been interesting. He is more emotional than he has ever been. He is aware of much more, and has even started to develop that sense of embarrassment and peer approval. He wants to be independent more than anything, so we have been allowing him to walk 3 doors down to a friends house by himself. It is kind of wild, to watch him march so very big boy down the sidewalk.
He is active and chock full of energy. I can't keep him busy enough! He is still doing gymnastics, and loves it. However, he expressed that he wants to play soccer. I might try him in that since his new preschool will be taking gymnastics once a month. If he wants to go back to it then he can. I also want him to continue a weekly swim lesson through the school year.


No comments:
Post a Comment