Now, I am not just saying this because I am a mom... but seriously, what would we do without our mothers?
I am lucky enough to have had a second week of support to help me with my recovery. Margie came all the way from San Diego to help us with Sam and to meet our new little gal. She chauffeured, cooked, chased after Sam and folded laundry till the sun went down. Thank goodness! I hope she got a chance to enjoy her stay a little, even if we put her to work. Thanks Mom! We all appreciated it.
Lunch date at Mayberry's! Complete with burger and milkshake.
Daddy and his babies
Hanging out
A real good shot of our sleepy little monkey with her eyes open for once...

Annarose is doing fantastic, she continues to be such a sweet, calm baby. She rarely fusses and is very content to just sit in her bouncy or bassinet and watch the world go by. Although, she gets a good amount of snuggling in too. It is such a change from Sam, who at this point was becoming very colicky. She wakes to eat anytime from 2 to 4 times a night, but usually goes back easy for me. The Smart Start nurse came out to do a weight check on Thursday and she is up to 6 lbs 1 oz. I can see she is filling out her little newborn clothes a bit nicer now.
Sam is also doing worlds better. He still is cranky from time to time, and is a bit more whiny than usual... but overall his fits are starting to go away and we are seeing more and more of our sweet boy return. I am trying to keep his schedule as close to normal as possible, and this week I could do a bit more with him. I think this is helping. Sam adores Annarose, he croons sweet nothings to her and really enjoys holding her.
1 comment:
I'm glad that you are feeling better this time and that Annarose is behaving for you. I never had a baby with colic, but I can imagine it would be very difficult. The jealousy will never totally end, but it will get better. Mine still argue over who gets to be with me for their bedtime routine. Sometimes daddy just won't do!
Post a Comment