Tuesday, August 10, 2010

35 weeks

No pictures of this mammoth Mama, sorry! Maybe next week... by the end of the day when Cody gets home I look pretty bedraggled.

So how are baby bean and I doing? We are hanging in there with this unbelievable heat and humidity. I have all the normal complaints of back pain, sleepiness and general crankiness... but overall I am actually feeling pretty great. I have gained 15 pounds so far, but I look like I have gained 25! She is still breech as of my last appointment, she is up pretty high in my rib cage and has caused some bruising and soreness. Some of the other moms I know talked about feeling the baby really low, and almost feared s/he would "fall out", I haven't felt this way at all. I almost feel like she is trying to push her way out through my belly button or my esophagus. Nesting has been huge this time around, I've redone the kitchen, a few closets, the front porch to name a few of my "projects". And, the nursery is nearly complete. I have just a few last finishing touches to add.

We have also nailed down the C-section date, September 10th will be baby girl's birthday. Is that weird? It feels so strange to 'know' when she will be born. And, no... no name yet. We might be getting close though.

I feel sorry for poor Sam, who hasn't had much play time because I can't stand to stand, play or even drive anywhere to do anything with him. He is being a pretty good sport about it all. He just looks at me and says "cause your back hurts?" Although, I can hang pretty well at the pool, as a result, he has become quite a proficient swimmer.

3 comments:

Mara said...

Wow--Sept. 15 is just around the corner!

Tavia said...

There's no way you are a mammoth mama. Only 15 pounds!! That's great! I gained 25 with both of my kids by 35 weeks. So glad you only have a month to go. It will be here before you know it and the pregnancy will be a distant memory.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Heather, you are doing wonderfully. Grace is coming to live with you. She will be such a blessing all the days of your life. love, sue