Thursday, August 05, 2010

Beach Getaway

I guess you could say the theme of this summer for Sam and I is lots and lots of quality time together. I am trying to soak up as much "Sammy time" as possible. I'm hoping his world won't be totally rocked by his baby sister, and I am trying to spend as much time doing fun stuffs together... since we are approaching the last few weeks of just him and me.
He is my little buddy, my helper, my comedian, and my whole heart. I hope that he knows that this will never change, and that his role in my life will only get bigger.
So, here I lament... my little baby just isn't a baby anymore! Every time I turn around he has grown another inch and learned a new 5 syllable word!

While poor Cody was left behind in HP to work, be a bachelor, and tackle his 'Honey Do' list... Sam and I took a trip up north to the beautiful Garden State for a vacation with some of my family. It was 2 weeks packed with adventures! Beware lots and lots of pics to follow.

After a long drive north (we followed Dennis & Holly), we took a ferry boat from Lewes, DE to Cape May, NJ. The boys loved this! It was about a 90 minute crossing. We saw some dolphins and mostly just took in the sunset and fresh air. I didn't get sea sick for once.
The next day was filled with beach fun, Damien and Jr. came down to spend the day with us and the boys had a blast all together. I was exhausted from the trip up, so it was nice that Sam was ultra entertained with his cousins and barely paid me any mind.

Unfortunately for Sam, he never really warmed up to the whole beach-ocean thing. He didn't really care for the water and would only go near it if someone was holding him. Pop-Pop and Sam did a lot of this, I don't know what they talked about... but I am sure it was interesting. It was a really, really hot week. This made him a bit irritable while at the beach, at times this made me frustrated. I tried to keep in mind that by day 3 he really missed his Daddy. A lot.
Even Ruby got her little toes wet! Girlfriend seemed to really enjoy the beach, Holly would stroll her down and she would sleep soundly. It must have been the waves and salt air.
We did a little site seeing over in Margate, and paid a visit to Lucy the Elephant. The kids enjoyed touring the inside of her, she has quite a history.With Sam's little Ocean aversion in full swing, I suggested going to the water park over in Ocean City one day to cool off. Did I mention how hot it was? He really enjoyed it! He wanted to go back every day. There was actually a ton for the little guys to do, and it was a perfect way to break up the week. Uncle Hamp and Pop-Pop had to take charge on the rides, since preggers here couldn't do any of them.
At the Boardwalk. On top of the Ferris Wheel!


Cape May Lighthouse... Sam and the boys climbed all 199 steps with Holly and Dennis. Although, their little legs were tired and they had some help coming back down.
This is the little beach bungalow that my parents brought me home from the hospital too. We lived there till I was about 2, and had to move because we were busting out of it. I had never seen it before, so it was fun to go visit and explore Cape May a bit.

1 comment:

Luisa said...

Looks like you all had a great Hauck Family vacation!