Celebrate we will...because life is short but sweet for certain...were climbing two by two...to be sure these days continue - Dave Matthews Band
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Mother's Day
This was an amazing Mother's Day for me, my boys were so wonderful and thoughtful all weekend. On Sunday morning, I slept in and awoke to a sausage-veggie omelet and this gorgeous piece of artwork, "Motherhood" that Cody had commissioned. He sent this artist at Little Lion Designs, several photos of Sam and me and told her to make him something wonderful for me. Isn't it amazing? I was so touched and I cried, the likeness to Sam is unreal. She even captured his crazy, wild locks. It is all done in fabrics, and then she paints over it to apply detail. I can't stop smiling. Her website is totally worth checking out, her story is inspiring.
The artist likes to have photos of her pieces with their new owners. We sent this to her.
The rest of the day we spent together. We went to mass, and then had a second breakfast at a local greasy spoon. Then, off to the North Carolina Zoo! We had a great afternoon, once Sam kind of woke up. He got off to bad start, it was very crowded. The general tone of the crowd was a bit rough, let's just say... I saw quite a few parents that maybe would have been better off staying at home with the kids that day. Anywho, once we were settled into our own groove they day was perfect. Sam got in lots of running and climbing, and took a cat nap on the way home that evening.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
such an amazing piece of art!
happy double mama's day, lady!!
that's awesome Heather! I love it!
What a beautiful and thoughtful present!
Post a Comment