Wednesday, March 03, 2010

News of the week!

Sam is doing great with the potty! We are having lots of success. There haven't been any poops in the pants or diapers since last week. He is definitely getting the hang of this, I can't believe how it just clicked for the little monkey. Today, he woke up from nap and told me he had to go! I was amazed. I think we have the right combination of reward, a tattoo and a dumdum lollipop. Thanks for all the encouragement friends, I couldn't have stayed sane without all your advice. I feel a bit guilty complaining so much. I guess potty training is a lot like nursing, once you get through that first week or two, it just gets easier and easier.

I am struggling through these last weeks of the first trimester. I am half way through 11 weeks. I have had a lot more good days than bad days lately. I am mostly just tired, which I think makes me feel more nauseated. After I dropped Sam off this morning, I got sick on the side of the road (lovely experience). It comes in waves. I am trying to stick with bland foods, lots of cereal and bread. I have had a hard time making meals. Tonight, I am gonna steam some artichokes and grill Turkey burgers. I find if I talk myself into it all day, I can manage to pull it together. Cody has been so patient with me, God bless him! If I am having a bad day, he just packs Sam up and we head out to the diner. No questions asked. I knew I married that guy for a reason.

We are finally starting to see a few signs of spring, despite the snow fall we had yesterday. My crocuses are popping up, as well as the daffodils. The weekend forecast is calling for some sunny, 60 degree days! Hallelujah!

We are also looking forward to some company. Cody's mom is flying in from Arizona to spend a bit of time with us. She will be celebrating her 60th birthday next week too. It will be a great catch-up, we haven't seen her since Thanksgiving of '08.

2 comments:

Tavia said...

Glad you're not feeling too bad. A couple more weeks and the tiredness will subside.

Congrats on the potty success!! Yeah Sam!!

Kammy said...

Glad you're feeling better! I had such a hard time with Curtis, I threw up everywhere. I had to keep a bag of pretzels in my car just to make it through the drive to get Lucas to school every morning. That and 7-Up were my foods of choice until I was about 13 weeks.