So, we have finished the first trimester! Yeah, moving on from greenish and sleepy to hungry and sleepy. I had my ultrasound on Wednesday, everything went peachy. They did several measurements from crown to rump, and the tech is convinced my due date is more like September 18th or 19th. My doctor is keeping it at the 13th, based on LMP. Deja vu, anyone? This was also the case with Mr. Sam, who ended up clinging to my womb for dear life because he was not yet cooked (or so I believe). Ah me, modern medicine. We are gonna need a magnifying glass to see this kid when s/he pops out. Just kidding. Kinda. I am just going to cross this bridge when I get to it. Hopefully, they will allow me to plan my C-Section as close to my due date as possible. They typically will take a baby a week earlier than the due date with a C-Section.
Anyway, they were able to get great measurements and images of all the organs and appendages (except fingers and toes). The baby is showing all signs of typical development. No sex yet, but they did give me a hint on which way they were leaning. I will have another ultrasound at 20 weeks for sex determination. The heart rate was at 154 BpM.



4 comments:
I'm glad you're both healthy! That bottom picture looks like a modern art piece. Ha!
Heather, that is weird that they aren't going by the ultrasound measurements, especially since you'll have a c-section. My doctors (both here and when I was in SD) always said to go by early ultrasound measurements for due dates...it's much, much more accurate! You don't want to take a baby too early. Definitely make them schedule your c-section as close to your due date as possible!!
So glad the baby and you are doing well. can't wait to find out what you're having--will you find out early or wait for the birth again?
So exciting Heather! Man you get a lot of ultrasounds and great pictures. The ones I have of my kids are nothing in comparison. Happy baking!!
Are you finding out this time? exciting!
They could never determine my due date either, no matter how many times we went over my cycle or how many scans I had. All the science in the world can't trump the miracles that happen in the belly!
Jake's date was "sometime between St. Patrick's Day and Tax Day", and boy howdy am I glad he came out on the early end of that span!
Post a Comment