Tuesday, December 29, 2009

San Diego Zoo

We slipped out for a few hours on Christmas Eve to take Sam to the world famous San Diego Zoo. Cody and I were members back in the day, and used to spend many a afternoon strolling through the park. I couldn't wait to take Sam, and we finally had time to make it happen. It was a big hit, of course, he loves animals...
Totally a perfect day, the weather was crisp. And we got there at opening, so we had a front parking space. The other cool part was all the animals were awake and rowdy, because they were waiting for their keepers to come feed them breakfast.
The primate enclosures are completely amazing, you can stand nose to nose with those creatures.


Riding the Skyfari
View of Balboa Park and the museums from the Skyfari
Sharing a delish hamburger with my boys.

Who knew that Rhinos cuddled?

And if your wondering how come their were so many pictures of me, it is because my wonderful hubby decided to man the camera for once. This was such a treat for me!

3 comments:

Mara said...

I love your rhino picture! Seeing you and the fam enjoying being outside, no jackets, makes me extremely jealous. Next holiday, I am definitely going somewhere warmer. Happy New Year!

Ange said...

I am always on the other end and have no good pics of me and the kids....well the pics are usually of me and them when i first wake up with mascara all over my face lookin like a hot mess...

Kammy said...

FUN!!! i love the sd zoo.