Monday, November 30, 2009

Talking Bird

Sam's school had a real Thanksgiving celebration on Monday morning, complete with all the little pilgrims and Cherokees. Sam's teachers picked his name as 'Little Talking Bird'. I can't even express how appropriate that is.
Our Thanksgiving was a whirlwind, we drove up to my parents on Thursday and arrived around 2ish. We enjoyed a wonderful feast, and enjoyed lots of great company. The highlight of the day, was we got to talk to TRISTAN!!!! He is doing really, really good. He sounded so positive on the phone, and said that he no longer doubts whether he will finish basic. He has made a few friends and is adjusting to the shock of it all. We also got a fantastic surprise when my brother Damien showed up for dessert, Sam was delighted (and so was I).
On Friday, I got to spend the day with my nephew, Damien...while all the men went out shooting targets. Mom, Karen and I relaxed while Sam and Dam played trains and watched Snoopy. After dark, we took the kids to Christmas Village. The little guys got a kick out of it, very cute if you are out in the Reading area for any reason, maybe outlet shopping with the family. Sadly, we headed home on Sunday and was stuck in an 11 hour stop and go traffic jam all the way down Interstate-81.
Now, I am scrambling to get my house in order...I had to take a break. Not the most exciting of posts, but whatevssss....

1 comment:

Jenn Wolf said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Sam is adorable as always!