Monday, January 14, 2008

Six months old!

We made it a half a year! I can not believe how the time has flown! It truly feels like yesterday I was pregnant...We kicked off this past weekend with the six month visit to the pediatrician. Sam has gained a few more pounds, he weighed in at a solid 15 pounds even. This pushed him up into the 10th% for weight. However, he only gained an inch, since his last check up at a whopping 24inches he was pushed below the 5th% for height. Not to big of a concern however, his parents aren't exactly line backers. Sam also got a last round of vaccines for awhile, he did much better this time around. There wasn't the usual upheaval in sleeping, eating and overall attitude. He cried a little and was comforted quite easily by Cody. That was that!
Sam has started to eat solids, he loves food! We have given him a variety of vegetables and fruits. He really loves sweet potatoes and bananas best...he has also tried green beans, peas, peaches and apples. He has also graduated from the bouncy seat for meals to his high chair...he also enjoys sitting in there to play while we eat our dinner. This is a great change from having to either listen to him squeal through meals or holding him on our lap.
Sam has also mastered sitting up, he does great on softer surfaces like his crib or our bed. He tumbles over a bit faster on the floor. He has really been enjoying his different toys, he especially loves the soft books, and a starfish lovee thing that our neighbor gave him for Christmas. He has also discovered the dogs and loves to watch them when they come up to him or hang out near him... he just smiles and coos at them.
Sleep is better in some ways and harder in others. His naps haven't been good over the past several days, but he is sleeping longer into the night. He sometime doesn't wake until 5:30 or 6...but most often at 4:30 to eat. It is hit or miss if he will go back to sleep in his crib after he wakes, sometimes I just put him in his swing where he dozes until Cody gets up for work. I am hoping the nap strikes are temporary... and he is just being difficult due to the little cold he has been fighting for the past week.
Unfortunately, we have outgrown our 'Mommy and Me' class at the hospital, I am going to attend for the rest of the month and then it is on to bigger things for us. I started library story/circle time this week. He loved it! He was the youngest baby there, and he really got a excited watching all the other babies crawl and walk around. I think he might learn alot from watching them. I am also going to look into a swim class for mommies and babies at the YMCA or the big sports center on the outside of town.

3 comments:

Sarah Dee in AZ.... said...

Your little man is SOOOO CUTE. I love the mohawk pic from Christmas. I have to say.... he needs a little meat on his bones. My 11 week old nephew, Logan weighs 15 lbs already. (or maybe he needs a diet) :0) I am so excited to see all the updates. Hope you had a wonderful holiday. Miss you
Sarah

Tavia said...

Congratulations on six months. It's such a fun age and it only gets better! He is so cute!

Luisa said...

He's just gorgeous Heather. He's looking much chunkier. Imagine we're mommies! Wouldn't have ever thought it back in philly!!