Sorry no pictures this week, I haven't had an the chance to get one taken. Bummer, I know... everyone wants to see the marshmellowy-ness I have become right? I am up 22 pounds, but it feels like 50! I hate being short. In my next life, I better come back 5'7''... I deserve it, I have been a good Catholic, right?
Well the doctor didn't have much to say other than the baby is still head down--YEAH! The chances of BF turning until labor are slim. This is great for my ultimate plan of going natural safely. He also shared with me that I am not dialated at all. I was a bit disappointed to hear it, because I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over it! But, I am aware that the longer the baby stays on the inside the better. BF's heartbeat was strong and blood pressure continues to look normal.
My next appointment isn't until Friday, I am trying to stay busy and keep my mind off of everything related to labor and delivery. Although, I have to admit, I am starting to get nervous that everything will go well and I am going to take home a healthy baby. It just seems as if every time I turn on the TV, open a newspaper or read a magazine tragedy has struck some poor family. Am I crazy?? Or is this normal? All of you mommies (and daddies) out there feel free to share in my pre-natal looneyness. Overall, I have to admit that I am feeling pretty darn good. I have had 3 nights in a row of good sleep, I only woke up 3 times to pee in the course of the night. I am not plagued (yet) by horrific heartburn so common to this portion of pregnancy. I did start to have contractions daily, a few a day, especially during and after I work out.
Well, I am off to take my afternoon snooze... Cody and I have a cocktail thingy to go to this evening. Have to get my beauty sleep, every little bit helps these days.
2 comments:
It's totally normal, darlin. Need convincing? Here are my blog posts for weeks 31-35 (ish):
http://tinyurl.com/yvap69
They don't even make any sense!
And here are weeks 36, 37, and two weeks post-partum:
http://tinyurl.com/28r8cp
I was effing nuts!
A few days before I had Liam, I bawled uncontrollably for about an hour and didn't know why. I think I was scared. I didn't dilate early either and went 4 days past my due date so I know how anxious you are getting but like you said, it is for the best. You'll get to squeeze out an 8 1/2 pounder like I did. Also want to add that 3 times a night to pee is quite an accomplishment. I peed every 45 minutes the last few weeks. Take care, I enjoy reading how you and your family are doing.
Love, Tav
Post a Comment