Wednesday, October 24, 2012

36 weeks, 3 days





I am exactly 3 weeks from my scheduled delivery.  I am exactly so ready to get this party started.  I am most definitely at the point now where I can't eat very much, I can't sleep very much and I can't breathe very much.  And, I hate being a whiner.  That's all I feel like I do these days.

Everything is perfect though, weights good, blood pressure is good, measuring a touch small (as normal), and the baby boy is a complete acrobat.  I have a pretty certain feeling he is breach.  I feel exactly like I did with Annarose.  NO matter though, c-section is what I am having.  We have a name and no don't ask cause we ain't telling.

I started the baby laundry this past week, and I have my little list of goodies started that I need to get to Babies R Us for.  I am kind of dreading doing it.  I have bad memories from my last "the new baby is coming anyday now trip" to Babies R Us... I was doing my shopping for AR's arrival when I got the call regarding my father's passing.  I wasn't actually in the parking lot of BRU, I made it home.  However, getting a call mid morning from your husband telling you to get home ASAP that you need to talk will leave a pit in your stomach.  It was a very long drive home.  That was longest, most terrible  day of my life and it all started with a list of pacifiers, diaper pins and burp clothes.  That load of baby crap sat in my trunk for 3 weeks before I ever looked at it.  Sorry, I got a little of track didn't I?

Anyway, I am slowly making some space for the little nugget.  We have a dresser in the hallway of our bedroom for his things and will double as a changing table.  The portacrib will be set up near our bed for the first several weeks, then I think we may have to move it eventually down the hall too into my closet as he gets older.  The constructors doing the bids on our addition have got their quotes together and we should be able to make a decision this week on when the project will get started... so hopefully we will have some bedrooms for the kids by spring.


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

HUGS, my dear!!! You look amazing!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome Heather!! So exciting to know the date in advance. I'm sure this go around will be great.
~Tavia

Kammy said...

How cute do you look? So exciting! Can't wait to hear all about his arrival.