Sunday, December 18, 2011

Not a creature was stirring....

So, it's two in the morning... and I can't sleep.  Don't ask me why?  I've shared two bottles of wine with Cody and my day has been jam packed filled with Christmas activity.  Yet, here I am.  WIDE AWAKE!  I guess I will just blog.

I must admit, this Christmas has been much more fun preparing for.  The fog of new baby and terrible grief clouding last year made for a terrible Christmas.  This year though, Sam gets it.  He really gets it.  It makes it worlds more fun.  And, Annarose is just so stinking cute in her red velour everything, I frankly want to dip her in some peppermint cocoa and eat her for breakfast.

I haven't alot to report.  The gifts are bought, the last card addressed and ready to mail, stocking are hung... but most of all, I am excited to be in my home.  I love it here.  I can see how happy Cody is, and how much fun he is having with Sam on all the land.  My heart is just chock full of warm fuzzy.  Santa is being a good man, and doing an early fly by on Christmas Eve morning for our family... that way we don't have to bring home all our presents on an airplane.  We are headed out to San Diego to celebrate our Christmas this year, I am ready for a break and to see our family.  Although, I am terrified to fly with AR now that she is weaned.  She is kind of a handful.  Sitting still is not her strong point.  I am praying for a miracle.  Sam is a pro, he is such a good little traveller now.  Plus, he will be equipped with his one true hearts desire, a Leapster Explorer.  Yep, I caved and got the kid a video game.  He is going to faint with happiness.

Cute, obligatory Santa jams

Epic 14 foot tree

 We have had a house guest this weekend.  Joey came to stay the night and go to the Nutcraker ballet with us.  The boys have had a great time together.  I thought bedtime was going to be a nightmare, but they both knocked right out.  It was amazing.
Sam, Joe and Maggie (one of my friend's daughters) posing before the show.  Maggie has danced with the company for 3 years.

Uncle Dresselmeyer and the boys

Dance of the Sugar Plum fairy had Joe dreaming of sugar plums.
Lucky ducky boys both won door prizes.


We have been spending a ton of time outdoors.  The weather has been incredibly mild.  I was hoping for a snow right before the holiday, but I don't think it going to happen.  The weather this week is predicted to be in the low 60's all week.  Annarose always wants to be outside and Sam too.  Here they are just chilling in the field.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

Great post!!! The little peanut that is Annarose is RIDICULOUSLY adorable! Hoping to see you guys when you make it out!