I am proud to talk about my dad's service. I love telling people that my dad was a career military man. That he served his whole life just about, and he survived two wars.
I remember seeing this picture as a little girl, probably younger than Sam and believing he was the most handsomest, strongest, bravest man in the whole world.
I really missed not calling him this morning to wish him a Happy Vet's Day and say thank you for his service. I miss not hearing him laugh (uncomfortably) and hand the phone off to my mom.
What can I say? I just wish he was here. Today is a hard one.
![]() |
| My dad's service picture for Vietnam, he was 19. |

1 comment:
Love to you guys and especially to your dad Friday and every day.
Gosh, he looks so much like Tristan there. It makes me get goosebumpy.
He sure was strong and handsome and brave.
Post a Comment