Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nine Months... she is standing tall!

Annarose is weighing in at a hefty 13 pounds, 12 ounces and is measuring 24 3/4 inches long. My petite little princess is nowhere near the growth charts, but the good news is she is developmentally right on target. oh! And her head is in the 25th percentile, at the right angel she resembles a bobble head. So the doctor felt she was just that, petite. Insert sigh of relief here. She fills out her 3-6 months clothes perfectly now. She said she looks perfectly proportionate, and it is mostly her genetic makeup.
We talked a lot about her diet. She is a great eater, although she recommended adding some more high fats, cheese and yogurt. I can't get her to take a bottle of milk or formula any longer. It ends up being way more heart ache than it is worth. She told me to go ahead and forget about the bottle and just work solely on the sippy cup. She also said that I could give her a little bit of Pedisure every day in it to both boost her liquid and caloric intake since my milk has slowed down a lot and we wanted to avoid her becoming chronically constipated. AR seems to like the Pedisure okay, but her diapers have become a bit nasty. I am also a little worried it is so sweet, it will make it more difficult to transition to cows milk in a few months. I was planning to have her weaned by a year, and able to drink totally from a sippy cup by her eleventh month. I want to go to my cousin's wedding in August and I am not able to bring her with me to this adults only black tie affair. So, as all things "Mommy" we are in a wait and see pattern.
Annarose has some killer gross motor and fine motor skills. She is crawling like a pro and pulling up to standing with no problems. In fact, that is all she wants to do is stand up. I have even caught her beginning to cruise the furniture. She is in to everything, see below.
If it is not tied down, it is coming down.
She can self feed with all kinds of little foods. Unfortunately, everything goes in her mouth and I have to be super careful to pick up all the time. Sam's toys are a favorite of hers, and he is always leaving them about. Dang those Star Wars accessories! My new hobby is vacuuming, swifting, and mopping.
Annarose is having a little trouble with separation anxiety. This is a new one for me, I never had that with Sam. She is mostly a Momma's girl. She is starting to really develop a strong bond with Daddy too. She will now crawl to him when he walks in a room and babble to get his attention...play peek-a-boo and giggle at him. Cody is often so busy with his little shadow and best bud, he doesn't get a lot of time with Annarose. She also is often in bed when he gets home in the evenings. She is an early to bed girl, usually around 6:30 pm.
I would love to say that sleep is a done deal, but we still have occasional blips of days when I am up two or three times. They are getting fewer and far between, but I sure am ready for a full nights rest on the regular. Naps are solid, but again, I have been seeing a few problems there too. Mostly, she will fight a morning nap. It is hard to believe she could be ready to give that up!



1 comment:

Kammy said...

Heather, she is such a tiny little thing! I can't believe she's only 13-something pounds!! Itty bitty little girly!