Thursday, July 01, 2010

San Diego Fun

BEWARE! Lots of pictures...

The trip out was amazing as I have already said, Sam did wonderful. The question of whether he will adjust to the time change and jet lag is always up in the air, this time he adjusted perfectly.
Aside from all the wedding festivities for Jeff and Cory's wedding weekend, we also packed in lots of fun 'touristy' type adventures to keep us busy. This is probably Cody's only vacation this year, so we wanted to make the most of it.
We loaded up with Grandpa and Oma and we headed for a full day at Sea World. I couldn't believe how amazing that place was, I don't know exactly what I was expecting...but I was more than surprised at the great care, knowledge and love of the animals the staff had. Sam made it the whole day 9-4, he was such a trooper. When we were going to head home at 2, he decided he HAD to see the dolphin show.

Shamu (not really, he had some other name that I can't remember)
"Believe" the killer whale show
Grandpa and Oma
Father's Day Poker Match
Enjoying one of the hundreds of fantastic parks!
At day out in PB, the June gloom was kind enough to clear out for us to have a perfect California beach day. Poor Oma got burned.
Building castles and burying Sam
Thursday night we headed downtown to the Gaslamp District for some "big kid" fun. It involved cowboy hats and bull riding. And, I have decided it is awkward and uncomfortable being 7 months pregnant and out in bars. Last time for me on that one!
More picture to follow of the wedding weekend!


No comments: