Provo is like the epi-center for tourism, so when in Rome...
We did all the tourist stuff, underwater sea excursion, Snuba (a cross between snorkelling and scuba), ate, drank, swam...the works. Provo had all the bells and whistles, it was so different than GT. They want you to be spoiled and want for nothing while you are enjoying the resorts. It was kind of nice to have your dinner take the normal 30 minutes, rather than the hour and a half it would take on GT. Oh yeah, no kidding, they were in no rush on GT to do anything for you--which strangely you kind of get use to. By the time we were in Provo, we almost felt rushed!
This house is the epitome of modern day castle, we came across it on our "exploring with a car day", it is massive...

with a mote...

and here is the draw bridge. I betcha it is like Bruce Willis's house or something. Who thinks this stuff up, seriously? A mote!?

At the World Famous Conch Shack, waiting on my conch fritters, yum!

Our room at Grace Bay Club had a spectacular view!

My honey and me

It is five o'clock somewhere right?

White girl and her traveling umbrella hat, no flying nun jokes please. I barely suffered any sunburns.

Our Snuba guide had an underwater camera, she caught us checking out a turtle. I have never been able to see one so still before, they usually take off as soon as they see you. There were actually 3 of these guys, one was at the surface and the other two were feeding on sea grass.

This was a HUGE step for me, since Cody and I met nearly 10 years ago, we have been slowly working on my Thalassophobia (fear of ocean). My adventuring husband scuba dives and I would barely go in past my belly button, I was really proud of myself. I only got nervous one time, and it was mostly due to water conditions being a bit rough. I am even toying with the idea of getting certified to scuba one day.

The air tank were on rafts on the surface about 25 feet up, it was cool to get to try the scuba experience without having to go through all the lessons.

Our hotel had beds both poolside and on the beach...that's right, beds...it was heaven.

This is some brain coral, not a great picture through the glass of the submarine.

A spotted eagle ray, I spotted one of these in Grand Turk...they are absolutely amazing creatures, so graceful and beautiful to watch.

Our last night, we went to a romantic off the beaten path Morrocan restaurant. We ate hummus, tangine, and moussaka...and of course, drank some wine. It was one of the best meals we had while on our trip. The next day was long with flying and driving. We got in after midnight, exhausted and anxious to see our Sammyboy. He was sleeping sound. The next morning was the best! He snuggled in bed for almost an hour with us, and kept smiling and laughing and kissing us. He changed a ton in those 12 days! Nana and Pop-pop did a fantastic job taking care of our little britches, he talks about them everyday still and about Uncle Damien and his kite. It was a wonderful vacation, and we cannot thank them enough!
3 comments:
Looks like you both had a brilliant time!! Well deserved relaxing and romantic break. And the exercise and diet certainly shows... you look brilliant!
sounds and looks amazing! I was dying to hear all about it, so thank you!
Great pictures, I'm glad you had fun. Happy belated birthday. Luv ya!
Post a Comment